Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 16

I have just added a post to the Sandbox, but I'm not sure how to add my name as Sue's Scribbles and since the changes have been saved, I'm not sure how to go back and do this even if I knew how. Obviously, I need to practice! Any tips would be appreciated.

Despite my unfamiliarity with the details, I feel that I have learned so many things over the last week or so that I've been working on the course. I knew that the web could provide many wonderful learning opportunities for students, having been fortunate to visit the classrooms of teachers who successfully apply technology in their classrooms. My goal for the upcoming year was to try and enhance the interest of the curriculum to my students by using available technology whenever possible. I think this course will go a long way towards helping me achieve this goal.

The main benefit of the course to me has been that it has demystified many of the resources available on the web. I have become a huge fan of CommonCraft because they have a great knack for simple, user-friendly explanations. (As an aside, if you haven't watched the CommonCraft Zombie video, it's a hoot!) I think this course buttresses these explanations with useful practice, providing a framework to put the tools into use.

I am currently on a college road trip with my son. As soon as I check into the hotel today, I found a computer, went to my RSS feed to check out what's new, and then logged on here to my "community". I feel like I'm slowly getting connected...and I sure like it!

2 comments:

VWB said...

you should be able to just click on edit and add your name or make changes to what you wrote.
hope your college trip turns out well...such a big decision!

and it's it great to know you can keep in touch with your "community"..if you need or want

VWB said...

hotel connections..my favorite way to keep in touch!

as far as your question about the wiki...you should be able to log back in, click eidt, scroll down to where your original thoughts are..make your changes, click save and closE!