Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 7

I love Google and Googling! I constantly rely upon Google to research lesson plans, look up phone numbers, find products and services, and so on. I can't imagine functioning without it. My research today made me realize that I've barely scratched the surface.

After years of using Epicurious and Simply Recipes and any other odds and ends I've found on the web, I started my very own recipe notebook, complete with keywords for sorting. Once I've cleaned out all my closets, I might even add in the overflowing plastic file folder in my kitchen with all of my recipe clippings..... What fun.

I also experimented with Google docs, uploading lesson plans from last year. Next year I will be teaching a language arts section in addition to my ESL duties. Preparing the lessons will be a collaborative process between several teachers, and I think that the document sharing and modifying capabilities could be a big time saver for all participants. Great stuff.

No comments: