Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing 2

It's taken me a lot longer than I thought to just set up my blog. Since I'm very late getting started on my 23 things, the next two weeks will be consumed by all things computer. Should be fun!

I enjoyed the synopsis of the Covey article. With the myriad of concerns we face today, I think it's imperative that people cultivate the life-long learner within themselves. For me, the biggest challenge is in the area of technology. I have a tendency to remain static in this area unless I'm forced to learn a new skill for work. I'm taking this course in hopes of improving in this area since my students will benefit from a more technologically advanced curriculum. I've been fortunate to have opportunities to Iearn in many different settings. This has given me confidence to try new things, both at work and at play.

No comments: