Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing 14

Well I've taken a look at Technorati and I have to honestly say that I'm underwhelmed. The past few "Things" have provided us with ways to organize the content that we're faced with as we review the web and also give us a way to facilitate a dialogue between users. My initial reaction is that Technorati is more of the same, but in a more general fashion where number of hits and potential advertisers is the ultimate goal. Granted, I am a newbie who, until I started this course, thought I was pushing the envelope by having two email accounts and a really long list of "favorites". But given all of the other tools on the Internet, I'm not sure how this particular site adds any value except for monetary. Please let me know your comments. It is entirely possible that I'm mistaken!

No comments: