Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing 8

After far too many hours hacking around various blogs, I've finally set up my very own RSS on Google Reader. I've added Simply Recipes (great blog - wonderful recipes), BBC news (I already get NYTimes and Washington Post headlines in my inbox), an educational blog called Teachers Teaching Teachers, Mike Falik's blog (which I really enjoyed), and one of the funniest blogs I've run across called 15minutelunch. The author of this last blog tells a great story. Check it out!

I think it will be great to have all of this information on one page. Once the school year hits, I hope that I'll be able to keep up with all of the posts. I figure I can just add the recipes from Simply Recipes to my recipe notebook. Now if I could only find some way to get those recipes prepared! I think that the RSS feature could be useful in a classroom where students are following current events ~ or in any setting where the most current information or trends is a necessity.

No comments: