Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing 13

I've just viewed all the tutorials and have signed up for a Delicious account. http://del.icio.us/msmoore60067 I know this will be a huge time-saver for me. The district issued us lap tops at the end of last year, and I currently have an unwieldy number of favorites that I search for ideas or use as a resource. After the August 5 deadline for this course, I intend to organize and tag all of these sites in my account.

I can also see applications for students, particularly if they are doing research on a particular topic. What a great way to organize web materials.

I have one question? In the Magnolia and Furl tutorials they emphasize that the original content of the web page you tag is preserved. This is critical for me since it is often a specific lesson idea or technique that I wish to return to at a later date. Is the same true for Delicious? Thanks for any response!

1 comment:

VWB said...

I share your problem with all the bookmarks and getting them moved and tagged properly in de.li.cio.us...I too hope Aug 5th will provide opp for me to pull from the several computers I have them stored on!