Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing 9

I have again spent many interesting hours reading blogs on a myriad of topics. After using the more general Google-type searches, I have come to prefer the more specific tools that allow you to narrow your search up-front. In particular, I liked the Edublog award winners.

After reading many posts from Cool Cat Teacher's blog, I've added it to my Google Reader. There are great motivational tips and practical suggestions on this site. I'm going to start a new notebook with a file for teaching suggestions, which will be a big improvement over the hard-copy file I started last year called "web ideas"!

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the information and technology that is available. How will I find enough time to sift through all of this and then integrate it into my classroom in a meaningful and effective manner? Once I've made it through all 23 things, I will probably have to step back and select one or two things to do well each 6 week period. I'm concerned that I won't have the technological resources available to make it happen in my classroom. I think I need a grant!

No comments: