Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing 20

Spent a lot of time looking at videos on YouTube and some on TeacherTube. For some reason TeacherTube is a lot slower at buffering and the videos are choppy. I'm not sure if this is something that I can fix on my computer or if it's their server. Anyone know or have the same problems?



I found lots of great ideas for how I can use student-made videos in my class along with some good ideas for ESL games. Last year, I was given a Flip for Mother's Day. This is a super-easy-to-use camera that downloads videos directly into the computer. I'm planning on using it more frequently this year, and many of the student produced videos gave me good ideas on how to get started. Early on, I will have students work on videos using "Who, What, Where, When, and Why" and then show these to the class. I'll probably have to purchase a few more Flips though. Hope the department budget can support it!

I liked the idea of a news program found in this video:

No comments: