Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing 19

I really enjoyed looking through the 2.0 Awards List. It's a page I intend to go back to and have fun with at a later time. Better use Delicious! I am planning to retire to the Chicago area, so looking around at neighborhoods using Zillow was very interesting and informative. I had heard of Craigslist, but never actually explored the site. I think it is a great example of the power of the medium. Talk about community ~ although you probably have to be careful with the content and wouldn't want to use it at school.

The Backpack site seems similar to many of the advanced Google features in one handy location. This site is comparable to office intranets and could be used for departments or disciplines within the larger school setting. Departments could use the site to track their budget and expenses, publish agendas and minutes, and generally keep information organized and accessible.

I was also very impressed to note how well-versed the participants in this class will be on so many of the categories listed on the awards chart. Thanks for that!

No comments: